Evil Empire ™
Welcome to Evil Empire, Please login to have full access to the forum. Not yet a member Registration is free and simple
Evil Empire ™
Welcome to Evil Empire, Please login to have full access to the forum. Not yet a member Registration is free and simple
Evil Empire ™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Evil Empire ™

evil epmire forum where the fun never ends

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THREAD STARTERS READ FIRST! Guidelines to Getting Help / Rules

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
UnKn0wN
Founder/Admin
Founder/Admin
UnKn0wN

Character Sheet
Build: Captain Class

THREAD STARTERS READ FIRST! Guidelines to Getting Help / Rules Vide
PostSubject: THREAD STARTERS READ FIRST! Guidelines to Getting Help / Rules   THREAD STARTERS READ FIRST! Guidelines to Getting Help / Rules Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 4:34 am

We're all in this section reading this topic because you might want help or are helping others in need.
I would like add a few rules for people requesting for help.

Code:

- Before asking for help, search Google or Yahoo Search first to see if there's a answer there. Most of the time people who tell you the answers just research the question from Google.

- If you can't find the answer on search engines then ask your question here, keep in mind not to have a title that does not describe your question.

A bad example of a topic title would be "Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!!" or "I don't know how to do this", etc.

A good example of a topic title would be "My router has port forwarding problems," or "How do you use FTP," etc.

- Don't bump your topic if it hasn't been replied to. Normally if your question hasn't been answered it'll most likely be a question out of our intelligence.

- Be patient while requesting, sometimes it might take a while for someone to reply or help you out.

- Listen and keep things cool. If your answer isn't what you expected, listen first before telling someone to be quiet and that they know nothing about your answer. Wink

-Thread hijackers will receive a warning

Additional Suggestion:
Code:

If you refuse to participate in helping to solve your own problem, don't expect others to provide the solution.
If someone gives you a valid search argument for Google to look up some possible solutions, a response like 'I'm too lazy' is NOT likely to get you more help. Remember, if people are trying to help you to the best of their abilities and you say you can't participate, many people will take that as an insult.

Nikesh
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Nikesh
Find More Posts by Nikesh
Closed Thread
Back to top Go down
https://evilempire.rpg-board.net

THREAD STARTERS READ FIRST! Guidelines to Getting Help / Rules

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Evil Empire ™ :: Technology information and PC Help :: Software help -